Did you know that the VFF KSO is being discontinued? Yes, it is true, which is a huge shame because KSOs were voted the most popular women’s barefoot running shoe, not to mention they are super comfortable and can be worn for any activity, not just running.
Why the VFF KSO ?
What makes the KSO so amazing compared with other barefoot shoes?
The KSO’s are highly versatile! They are great for forefoot running, trekking, water sports, climbing and weight-lifting. They also have one of the thinnest outsoles on the market! The good news is, you can still get the KSO for only $32.91 (reg. $84.95) (<– affiliate link to my favorite Vibram barefoot running shoe!)
Other notable features of the KSO:
- Considered one of the most barefoot-like shoes
- Super stretchy upper accommodates to any unique foot structure
- Velcro closure = no fussing with laces!
- Razor-sipped outsole provides traction on watery surfaces, and doesn’t trap pebbles or small rocks
- Contains no insufficient heel material that would otherwise compromise your biomechanics
- 3.5mm thin outsole improves spatio-temporal awareness
- Improves natural toe splay and prevents bunion enlargement
- Dries quick – less than 3 hours
- Lack of cushioning allows for a cooler foot in hot weather
- Improves ankle range of motion and knee stability
- Allows for flatter forefoot strike at touchdown, thereby dispersing energy over a larger surface area of the foot during running
- Rubber outsole tough for any terrain
Overall, the Vibram KSO is designed to simulate barefoot movements. If you are aiming for the barefoot-experience, go with the KSO –you’ll learn quickly not to land on your heels during running. After regular practice, you will naturally acquire stronger feet, and better form with the KSOs.
More Recommended Forefoot Running Shoes:
Vivobarefoot Stealth – Perfect for smooth, flat roads.
Inov-8 Bare-XF 177 – Women’s only and jam-packed with barefoot/forefoot running functionality.
Merrell Vapor Glove -Excellent alternative to the Vibram FiveFingers.
Skora Phase-X -For forefoot runners who want a little more protection on their feet.
You Might Also Like (affiliate links):
Bowflex – Home gyms for cross-training.
Nutrition – Build more muscle. Burn more fat.
Keep Warm – Stay warm and dry in the latest winter running attire from Under Armour.
SHOEBACCA – Find your minimalist shoes here and save.
BSc Neurobiology; MSc Biomechanics candidate, ultra minimalist runner & founder of RunForefoot. I was a heel striker, always injured. I was inspired by the great Tirunesh Dibaba to try forefoot running. Now, I'm injury free. This is why I launched Run Forefoot, to advocate the health & performance benefits of forefoot running and to raise awareness on the dangers of heel striking, because the world needs to know.
Latest posts by Bretta Riches (see all)
- Shin Splints Pain From Forefoot Strike Running? Try Increasing Your Cadence - 13/07/2019
- Shin Injury From Forefoot Running - 10/07/2019
- About Bretta Riches and Run Forefoot - 02/07/2019