If you thought the Vibram KSO’s were super thin, the Vibram FiveFingers SeeYa LS running shoes are actually the most thinnest running shoe by Vibram!
The Vibram SeeYa LS has a 2-mm paper-thin outsole that is strong enough for the roads, trails and treadmill. The thinness of the SeeYa’s outsole makes it perfect for forefoot running because it optimizes proprioception in the feet, helping you land better on the ground with your forefoot.
Vibram FiveFingers SeeYa LS Running Shoes Review for Forefoot Running
The ‘LS’ means ‘laces’ which replaced the velcro strap on the previous version of the Seeya’s. The benefit to laces over velcro is that the velcro attachments has a tendency to come undone when wet. Overall, the improved lacing system helps lock your foot into place in the shoe.
Other Notable Features of these Shoes:
- Max sole thickness = 2mm
- Wider toe-box than most Vibram’s; great for runners with wide feet
- Super light, lighter than the Trek’s and KSO’s
- Reflective printing on upper mesh, making night-time running safer
- Anti-microbial sockliner, making it possible to be worn without socks
- Lots of toe flexibility, giving you more control over toe movement
- Less struggle with toe entry when putting on the shoe
- Thin sole offers near full tactile feedback
- Good traction on dirt and grass
- Helps you build intrinsic muscle strength
- Stretchable upper, allowing the shoe to fit over physical ailments, such as a bunion
- Over time, arch function and strength will improve
- More comfortable than flip-flops
- Thin upper mesh that delivers excellent breathability, keeping your feet cool during hot runs
An added bonus of the Seeya LS is the lacing which makes the shoe easier to slip on your foot. Nevertheless, the SeeYa has lots of forefoot running functionality, especially since the incredibly thin sole delivers quite possibly the best amount of proprioception next to running barefoot.
And lastly, try running barefoot first to get a better feel of a forefoot landing before running in the Seeya’s. Of course, for immediate results, wear the Seeya as much as possible, at work, at school, during long walks, cycling, etc. Once your body gets used to them, you wont want to wear anything else.
You can find out more about the Vibram SeeYa LS here.
More From Run Forefoot:
What is Forefoot Running
Are there Advantages to Midfoot Striking?
Muscles Work Less In Pure Minimalist Shoes
Why Heel Strikers More Likely to Suffer Anterior Shin Splints
Pure Minimalist Shoes Improves Pronatory Issues
BSc Neurobiology; MSc Biomechanics candidate, ultra minimalist runner & founder of RunForefoot. I was a heel striker, always injured. I was inspired by the great Tirunesh Dibaba to try forefoot running. Now, I'm injury free. This is why I launched Run Forefoot, to advocate the health & performance benefits of forefoot running and to raise awareness on the dangers of heel striking, because the world needs to know.