The Xero Shoes Sensori Venture is another outstanding lightweight barefoot-inspired running sandal from Xero Shoes, and they are a high performance athletic sandal that can be used for 100-mile ultramarathons.
One of the challenges of most barefoot running sandals is the lacing! However, the Sensori Venture’s construction saves you from fussing with laces and straps as they come pre-laced and ready to wear for your convenience.
Here is more information about the Venture:
- 5.5 mm thin rubber outsole reduces the risk of heel striking during running.
- High degree of flexibility, allowing your feet to spend more time moving and strengthening naturally.
- The unique patterning on the top of the sole helps keep your foot glued to the sandal, especially in wet conditions.
- Rubberized tread on the outsole provides excellent grip for uphill running and wet surfaces.
- Heel cup prevents your foot from sliding and it also keeps debris out during trail runs.
- Elevated ankle holes stops the laces from dragging on the ground, preventing them from wearing and tearing.
- Comes ready-wear! Just slide your foot in the sandal and pull the laces through the ankle holes to adjust accordingly to your preferred fit.
- You can also use regular scissors to trim the outer-edge of the sole to get the perfect fit if needed.
- High capacity durability – comes with a 5000-mile warranty!
The Venture is a perfect alternative to barefoot minimalist running shoes and is a great barefoot running sandal that will lead to stronger proprioceptive feedback from the feet, helping you move more safely, with natural steps (i.e forefoot strike) and better responsiveness during running.
Interested in the Venture? You can get them here!
BSc Neurobiology; MSc Biomechanics candidate, ultra minimalist runner & founder of RunForefoot. I was a heel striker, always injured. I was inspired by the great Tirunesh Dibaba to try forefoot running. Now, I'm injury free. This is why I launched Run Forefoot, to advocate the health & performance benefits of forefoot running and to raise awareness on the dangers of heel striking, because the world needs to know.
Latest posts by Bretta Riches (see all)
- Barefoot Treadmill Running Benefits - 21/11/2022
- More Reasons Heel Strike Running is Bad for Runners with High Arches - 10/11/2022
- Why Heel Strike Running is Bad for Runners with High Arches - 08/11/2022