The Asics GEL-Fortius TR is a versatile barefoot running shoe that is perfect for forefoot running because it’s low profile, flexible and lightweight. These shoes are also perfect for extreme cross training workouts.
The design of the shoe matches the contours of your foot and the mesh lining of the upper breathes extremely well when running. I like the that shoe has a toe cap that protects your toes from rocks. The rubber outsole is also very grippy and is great for rope climbing, in addition to trail running.
All Purpose Barefoot Running Shoe
The thin outsole of the GEL-Fortius TR improves touch processing in the feet, helping you feel the ground, so your feet can act as stable platforms. This is why these shoes are great for weight-lifting, deep squatting and dead-lifts. To get closer to the ground, you can remove the gel insole as well.
Other notable features of the GEL-Fortius TR:
- Great for other forms of cross training, such as box jumps, rope climbing and speed work
- Flat, firm outsole
- Fits like a glove
- Provides natural range of motion for ankles
- Grips well on wet, slippery surfaces
- Great for treadmill running
- Sturdy mesh upper, keeps your foot secured in the shoe
- Low cut upper, below the ankle
- Great for reducing knee pain and ITBS
- Extremely comfortable
- Tear resistant
- Allows for quick movements
- Perfect for all arch heights
- Enhances balance
- They stretch to match your foot’s structure
- 50% more durable than other Asics shoes
The GEL-Fortius is the tip of the spear when it comes to improving gross motor control for running. These shoes put your foot in the best anatomical position when forefoot running to help you avoid injury, and they are 110% multi-purpose.
Here are other barefoot running shoe reviews you might be interested in.
More From Run Forefoot:
BSc Neurobiology; MSc Biomechanics candidate, ultra minimalist runner & founder of RunForefoot. I was a heel striker, always injured. I was inspired by the great Tirunesh Dibaba to try forefoot running. Now, I'm injury free. This is why I launched Run Forefoot, to advocate the health & performance benefits of forefoot running and to raise awareness on the dangers of heel striking, because the world needs to know.
Latest posts by Bretta Riches (see all)
- Cushioned Running Shoes Fail to Reduce Impact in Heel Strike Runners - 10/12/2019
- How Being Barefoot Makes Your Feet Stronger - 21/10/2019
- Forefoot Strike Running May Prevent IT Band Injury - 18/10/2019