The Inov-8 Bare-XF 260 are highly reviewed running/lifting shoes because of their zero drop design which brings you closer to the ground, almost as if you were barefoot, giving you supreme balance and ankle stability.
The Bare-XF 260 is also perfect for forefoot running because it contains NO under-heel cushioning, putting an end to your heel strike when running.
The Bare-XF 260 is very versatile and can be used for lifting, climbing, hiking, and rope climbing.
- A key feature of the Bare-XF 260 is the forefoot flexibility, which is comparable to that of the Vibram Five Fingers.
The durable, non-restrictive upper wraps around your foot, fitting like a sock. The forefoot is also roomy, allowing nice toe-splay.
Other notable features of the Inov-8 Bare-XF 260:
- Can be worn without socks
- Durability meets the demand of obstacle races
- Very breathable upper mesh
- The velcro straps are a plus
- Flexible forefoot helps landing on your forefoot easier
- Very comfortable
- Solid material helps you feel stable on your feet
- Improves responsiveness in the feet and legs
- Tread pattern is smooth, ‘natural’ looking, reflects the sole of the human barefoot
If you like Vibram, you will like the Bare XF 260 because they are very similar in feel and flexibility: nothing but a thin piece of sole protection.
With that in mind, the thin sole keeps you proprioceptively engaged with the ground, allowing you to run over any surface safely, and they will keep your feet feeling strong for a long time to come.
More Forefoot Running Shoe Reviews:
Vibram SeeYa LS – One of the most thinnest barefoot shoes on the market.
Vivobarefoot Ultra – Great for water sports.
Inov 8 Bare xf 177 – Women’s only barefoot running shoe.
Merrell Vapor Glove – Perfect alternative to the Vibram FiveFingers.
BSc Neurobiology; MSc Biomechanics candidate, ultra minimalist runner & founder of RunForefoot. I was a heel striker, always injured. I was inspired by the great Tirunesh Dibaba to try forefoot running. Now, I'm injury free. This is why I launched Run Forefoot, to advocate the health & performance benefits of forefoot running and to raise awareness on the dangers of heel striking, because the world needs to know.
Latest posts by Bretta Riches (see all)
- Xero Shoes Z Trail Review for Forefoot Running - 17/02/2019
- Xero Amuri Cloud Review for Forefoot Running - 12/02/2019
- Xero Sandals: Amuri Z Trek Review for Forefoot Running - 09/02/2019