If you are an ultra-distance runner and is looking for an incredibly durable, hardcore ultra marathon shoe that is very minimalistic, you’ll love my Inov-8 Bare XF 210 review. The Inov-8 Bare-XF 210 is one of the most durable barefoot running shoes out there, lasting well over 500 miles. This shoe is an excellent choice for forefoot running because of its zero drop construction, superior flexibility, allowing you to control every element of your forefoot form.
Inov-8 Bare XF 210 Review for Forefoot Running
In a nutshell, the Bare-XF 210 almost makes you feel like you are running barefoot because the rubber outsole has extended functionality to act as a proprioceptive aid, helping you use your forefoot strike to your advantage. The outsole is also of a sticky rubber material that provides amazing stability when forefoot running on wet, unstable running surfaces.
How does the XF-210 compare to other barefoot running shoes?
- The XF-210 has a wider toe box than the New Balance Miminus and offers slightly more protection than the Vibram FiveFingers without loss of ground-feel.
What distances are they good for?
- The XF-210 can be worn for long and short distance runs, short sprints and on the trails.
- Its grippy and durable outsole also makes it great for Tough Mudder, Spartan Races etc.
The Bare-XF 210 is also extremely versatile — they can be used for hiking, crossfit, powerlifting, box jumps, jump rope, agility workouts and rope climbing!
Other notable features of the Bare-XF 210:
- held up well after 500 miles
- comes with a 3 mm removable insole
- machine washable
- 3 mm footbed thinness
- feels great without socks
- perfect alternative to the Vibram FiveFingers
- highly responsive
- helps strengthen flat feet
- well ventilated, keeps feet cool
These shoes make it possible to enjoy all the benefits of forefoot running because of its ability to provide tactile stimulation and conforms to your foot’s structure, giving a customized fit.
The Bare-XF 210 ins’t the only barefoot minimalist shoe Invo-8 offers, you may also be interested in the Bare-XF 260, too!
More From Run Forefoot:
- 9 Important Roles of Our Foot Nerves in Proper Running Mechanics
- 7 Injuries Barefoot Running Alleviates
- 6 Top Barefoot Running Shoe Brands
- 6 Pre-Run Water Soluble Energy Tablets
- 6 Best Books on Learning Barefoot Running
BSc Neurobiology; MSc Biomechanics candidate, ultra minimalist runner & founder of RunForefoot. I was a heel striker, always injured. I was inspired by the great Tirunesh Dibaba to try forefoot running. Now, I'm injury free. This is why I launched Run Forefoot, to advocate the health & performance benefits of forefoot running and to raise awareness on the dangers of heel striking, because the world needs to know.
Latest posts by Bretta Riches (see all)
- Altra Escalante Review for Forefoot Running - 25/05/2018
- Vibram Five Fingers KSO EVO Review for Forefoot Running - 30/03/2018
- Proper Running Posture: Upright Trunk Vs Leaning Forward - 25/03/2018