Looking for a barefoot running sandal to help you improve your forefoot strike? The Xero Shoes Amuri Cloud is an ultra-thin minimalist running sandal that helps you precisely adjust your forefoot running technique for the better.
Xero Shoes Amuri Cloud
The Amuri Cloud has a simple lacing system allowing the sandal to stay securely on your foot. They are also more durable than expected –considering the thinness of the outsole. The sole has a soft, plush feel, adding more comfort to your stride, also.
Nonetheless, I like that the Amuri Cloud nicely contours to your foot without adding support. Your foot is essentially supportless, i.e. no arch support, which is very imparative to building foot and ankle strength.
Other notable features of the Xero Shoes Amuri Cloud:
- 6mm thin outsole
- Heel cup prevents debris from trapping in
- Laces are uniquely integrated into the sandal to avoid contact with the ground, thereby abrading is prevented
- Extremely durable – 5,000 mile warranty
- Adjustable lacing if you prefer a tight or loose fit
- Great for walking and hiking as well
- Lots of room for toe splay; strap doesn’t cause the toes to pinch together
The Xero Shoes Amuri Cloud contains all the ingredients you need to improve your forefoot running technique. Because they are intended to mold exactly to your foot structure, you should order a full size larger than your normal size.
Be sure to check out my other reviews on Xero Shoes:
Looking for something different, other than a barefoot running sandal? Here are my reviews on barefoot-like running shoes for forefoot strikers.
More From Run Forefoot:
BSc Neurobiology; MSc Biomechanics candidate, ultra minimalist runner & founder of RunForefoot. I was a heel striker, always injured. I was inspired by the great Tirunesh Dibaba to try forefoot running. Now, I'm injury free. This is why I launched Run Forefoot, to advocate the health & performance benefits of forefoot running and to raise awareness on the dangers of heel striking, because the world needs to know.
Latest posts by Bretta Riches (see all)
- Altra Escalante Review for Forefoot Running - 25/05/2018
- Vibram Five Fingers KSO EVO Review for Forefoot Running - 30/03/2018
- Proper Running Posture: Upright Trunk Vs Leaning Forward - 25/03/2018