In my opinion, the best Minimus running shoes for forefoot running is the 10V2 Minimus, which are not quite zero-drop, but low enough (4mm) to discourage heel strike and help you land on your forefoot. New Balance are also the hero’s of making shoes with a wider toe-box -the 10V2 are great for those with wider feet.
Best Minimus Running Shoes for Forefoot Running
Recommended for trail running and great for long distances, the 10V2 Minimus are highly durable, armoured with a Vibram outsole that is thin enough allowing you to feel every contour of the trail.
Notable Features of the New Balance 10V2 Minimus:
- high quality flexible overlays. The high degree of flexibility of the shoe conditions the feet
- excellent grip for gravel trails and light sand
- comes in a glow in the dark version
- mesh upper has excellent ventilation, great for summer runs
- minimalist construct is light and flexible, effective for learning better forefoot running form
- light weight, 4.9 oz
- considered the most ‘barefoot-like’ minimalist running shoe out of the New Balance collection
- small amount of cushioning, not exactly ‘barefoot-like’, but great for forefoot runners who prefer a tad more cushioning
- internal lining treated with antibacterial and odor resistance treatment, therefore can be worn without socks
- great for Tough Mudders and Spartan Races
- powerful reports by other wear testers highly recommending the 10V2 Minimus
- fancy exterior, great colors, slim and sleek construction
- sock-like fit, so be mindful of selecting the proper size -try for a ½ up than your regular size
- machine washable
Awaken your feet to what’s going on and acquire better form in the 10V2 Minimus. Basically, two words sum up these shoes: flat and wide.
Need More Help on Forefoot Running?
If you are just getting started with forefoot running, my next article has some very useful info on transitioning to forefoot running. If you are still on the fence about forefoot running, read about the dangers of heel strike running and you’ll be fully convinced that forefoot running is the best way to run injury-free.
BSc Neurobiology; MSc Biomechanics candidate, ultra minimalist runner & founder of RunForefoot. I was a heel striker, always injured. I was inspired by the great Tirunesh Dibaba to try forefoot running. Now, I'm injury free. This is why I launched Run Forefoot, to advocate the health & performance benefits of forefoot running and to raise awareness on the dangers of heel striking, because the world needs to know.
Latest posts by Bretta Riches (see all)
- Altra Escalante Review for Forefoot Running - 25/05/2018
- Vibram Five Fingers KSO EVO Review for Forefoot Running - 30/03/2018
- Proper Running Posture: Upright Trunk Vs Leaning Forward - 25/03/2018