The Vivobarefoot EVO Pure is a zero drop, road running/racing shoe that simulates feeling barefoot and is made for forefoot running on multi-terrain and dry land. Another major bonus of the shoe is its wide toe-box!
Dry Land Barefoot Running Shoe
The EVO Pure is barefoot-like because it has a 3 mm thin outsole which dramatically improves proprioceptive acuity, strength, and joint-position sense, helping you move more safely and efficiently when forefoot running.
Again, the best component of the EVO Pure is it’s ability to deliver high amounts of tactile stimulation (proprioception) which improves motor performance, lower extremity joint function, balance, postural control, strength and functioning –all of which result in smooth, fluid and coordinated forefoot running mechanics.
The EVO Pure is also extremely flexible and lightweight –as if you aren’t wearing anything on your feet and they are comfortable enough to be worn without socks.
Other notable features of the EVO Pure:
- 100% vegan
- helps improve neuromuscular control of the ankles, knees and hips
- thin, nylon upper-mesh reduces the weight of the shoe
- anatomically correct shape and outsole, allowing a more natural, barefoot feel
- outsole is abrasion resistant
- amazingly comfortable
- improves forefoot running mechanics by improving mechanoreceptor function
Overall, the barefoot-feeling of the EVO Pure restores your sensorimotor system and strengthens your feet, ankles and legs. The Evo Pure delivers all the tactile stimulation you need to help your feet respond properly during the touchdown and loading phase of forefoot running, thereby cutting down on pesky injuries.
Be sure to read my other reviews on the most popular barefoot-like running shoes for forefoot running.
More From Run Forefoot:
- Heel Strike Running is Dangerous
- What is Forefoot Running
- Develop Stronger Feet for Forefoot Running
- Should You Run on a Treadmill?
Don’t forget to check out the Run Forefoot Facebook Page, it’s a great place to get your questions on barefoot running, forefoot running, and footwear answered!
BSc Neurobiology; MSc Biomechanics candidate, ultra minimalist runner & founder of RunForefoot. I was a heel striker, always injured. I was inspired by the great Tirunesh Dibaba to try forefoot running. Now, I'm injury free. This is why I launched Run Forefoot, to advocate the health & performance benefits of forefoot running and to raise awareness on the dangers of heel striking, because the world needs to know.
Latest posts by Bretta Riches (see all)
- Xero Shoes Z Trail Review for Forefoot Running - 17/02/2019
- Xero Amuri Cloud Review for Forefoot Running - 12/02/2019
- Xero Sandals: Amuri Z Trek Review for Forefoot Running - 09/02/2019