The best minimal running shoe for the summer is the Vivobarefoot Achilles Sports Sandal which represents a modernized Tarahumara Huraches endurance running sandal.
Best Minimal Running Shoe for the Summer
The Achilles Sport Sandal is ergonomically correct for forefoot running because its 3.5 mm puncture resistant outsole provides excellent barefoot-feel. The Sports Sandal was developed by natural running coach, Lee Saxby, who designed the sandal with a more practical strapping arrangement to connect with your forefoot strike while you run.
Other notable features of the Achilles Sports Sandal:
- Removable heel-strap and 2 velcro straps
- Fully molded for barefoot training
- Thinner than the Vivobarefoot Ultra Pure
- Ankle strap for a more secure fit
- Durable for all terrains, so they wont wear out quick
- Split-toe design keeps big toe in place, allowing better stability when running on the balls of your foot
This minimalist running sandal is as close to being barefoot as you can get, and has the high-capacity to improve arch and intrinsic muscle strength so you can remain injury-free.
Be sure to check out my other reviews on minimalist running shoes for forefoot running.
More From Run Forefoot:
Get informed now. Check out the Run Forefoot Facebook Page, it’s a great place to ask questions about natural running, footwear and more.
BSc Neurobiology; MSc Biomechanics candidate, ultra minimalist runner & founder of RunForefoot. I was a heel striker, always injured. I was inspired by the great Tirunesh Dibaba to try forefoot running. Now, I'm injury free. This is why I launched Run Forefoot, to advocate the health & performance benefits of forefoot running and to raise awareness on the dangers of heel striking, because the world needs to know.
Latest posts by Bretta Riches (see all)
- How Being Barefoot Makes Your Feet Stronger - 21/10/2019
- Forefoot Strike Running May Prevent IT Band Injury - 18/10/2019
- Heel Strike Running May Fatigue the Legs More Than Forefoot Running - 05/10/2019