My forefoot running journey was a long one because I had a poor understanding of what a proper forefoot strike was and looked like. After watching Tirunesh Dibaba’s forefoot running technique, I knew what I was doing wrong and what I needed to do right to run injury-free and more efficiently.
I also talked about the mistakes newbie forefoot runners make and gave insight on proper forefoot strike mechanics.
Here is the interview: Bretta Riches on Forefoot Running Technique
Hope you enjoy!
More From Run Forefoot:
- Running Without Getting Tired
- Running with Shin Splints May Improve Forefoot Running Technique
- Toe Running Causes Injury, Forefoot Running Does Not
- Is Achilles Tendon Force Really Greater in Forefoot Running?
BSc Neurobiology; MSc Biomechanics candidate, ultra minimalist runner & founder of RunForefoot. I was a heel striker, always injured. I was inspired by the great Tirunesh Dibaba to try forefoot running. Now, I'm injury free. This is why I launched Run Forefoot, to advocate the health & performance benefits of forefoot running and to raise awareness on the dangers of heel striking, because the world needs to know.
Latest posts by Bretta Riches (see all)
- Cushioned Running Shoes Fail to Reduce Impact in Heel Strike Runners - 10/12/2019
- How Being Barefoot Makes Your Feet Stronger - 21/10/2019
- Forefoot Strike Running May Prevent IT Band Injury - 18/10/2019